Bad Boy Blog, an unofficial Diddy and Bad Boy fan blog

Bookmark and Share

PHPBB 3.0.12 - Sending a PM returnes a blank screen

This forum is for questions and discussion pertaining to the phpBB forum software itself, as well as any phpBB 3 related topics that do not specifically fit into the other forums.
Tutorials: Clearing Your Cache | Creating a Custom Profile Field | phpBB 3 Permissions Guide

PHPBB 3.0.12 - Sending a PM returnes a blank screen

Postby methodius » June 11th 2017, 12:18 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my board which happens when a user tries to send a PM to another user. Screen just goes white and nothing further happens. I don't get redirected to my inbox, as it should happen by default as I'm aware, and I have to press the "back" button in my browser. When using Firefox, in the address bar I always get: address of my board /forum/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&action=reply&sid=7c94b02f611e48899badd5e6521cbce1&p=6035 and when using IE i get 500 error.

Inspecting the error_log I see 40k+ PHP parse errors where most of them are syntax errors found in the queue.php file. When I open the queue.php file I see a notification generated by the board, that a user has received a PM sent by some other user. The first notification was logged in June 2014 and it is still being logged, like it is in the loop. Now, to me as an amateur, this doesn't look like it could affect the whole posting mechanism. To me, the problem I described, looks more like a messed up code in some of the .php files, but how am I to find out that.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated

methodius
methodius
New User

Return to General phpBB 3 Support and Discussion