Managing Online Forums, a manual for the community admin

Bookmark and Share

New Design Launches for the New Year

Announcements from phpBBHacks.com, including important phpBB related news. If there is a new thread here, please take a moment to read it.
Image phpBBHacks.com Announcements Mailing List

New Design Launches for the New Year

Postby Thoul » January 1st 2013, 1:36 am

Hello,

Thank you for visiting phpBBHacks.com.

Happy New Year! To mark the beginning of 2013, phpBBHacks.com is launching a new site design! This new design spans both the main site and the Support Forums, bringing the two closer together in terms of visual presentation. The deployment of this design has been waiting in the wings for quite a while, so I hope you'll all enjoy using the site with this new theme.

Our new design was created by Daniel St. Jules of WebEnuity. Patrick commissioned Daniel to create the design some time before Patrick passed the site on to me. I want to thank Daniel and Patrick for all their efforts related to this design. While I had a hand in finishing up a few things here and there, none of this would have been possible without them.

I inherited the design from Patrick along with the rest of the site, but the design's launch has long been delayed due to various software and service issues. In the course of the past few months, I've been quietly clearing up many of those stumbling blocks. We've all been eager to see this design shared with the community and I'm pleased to finally be able to present it to you.

Logged out members will see the Support Forums in the new style, but when logging in you will likely find that the forums still display in the previous blue and white style. You can change to the new style from the Board Preferences page of the User Control Panel, where it is listed as "phpBBHacks." The blue and white forum theme, "Classic," will remain available in the Support Forums for the foreseeable future. I've decided to leave the individual forums style choice up to each member. However, please note that the board style choice does not apply to main site, which uses only the new style, at this time.

Thanks,
Thoul
Thoul
Admin/Webmaster

Re: New Design Launches for the New Year

Postby Patrick » January 1st 2013, 3:09 am

Wow, this is a nice surprise, Jeremy. Congratulations on getting it launched. :)
Patrick
Founder

Postby Byzantine » January 1st 2013, 3:25 am

I seen this amazing news on Patrick's Facebook, and I just had to check it out. It looks amazing! :)

Keep up the good work Jeremy. :D
-Byzantine
Byzantine
New User

Postby Geolim4 » January 1st 2013, 5:28 am

Congtrat for this new style ;)
Geolim4
New User

Postby Dogs and Things » January 1st 2013, 2:01 pm

Nice surprise, it's looking good, but quite different from the style I know from the first day I entered here.

I believe the searchform on the main site does not work, the form action seems to be empty.
Dogs and Things
Well Known User

Postby Thoul » January 2nd 2013, 1:12 am

Thanks, everyone. :)

Dogs and Things wrote:I believe the searchform on the main site does not work, the form action seems to be empty.

Thanks for letting me know; I've addressed that issue. You might have to reload a page of the site for your browser to fetch the updated code first, but the search form will work correctly now.
Thoul
Admin/Webmaster

Postby Jester-fr » January 10th 2013, 2:30 pm

Hi there !

Good stuff ! :)
phpBB-fr.com - Administrator
Jester-fr
Not So New User

Postby gingir » May 19th 2013, 7:06 am

I am an old user of phpBBHacks (although I completely forgot my previous account's email and password LOL) and I must say this website looks now cooler than it used to, good stuff developers!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
There are two ways of constructing a software design:
1 so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies 2 so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. Free hosting
gingir
New User

Return to Announcements