Get Photoshop help and share your work at PhotoshopForums.com

Bookmark and Share

help with frozen frogs

Receive help with the installation and customization of the appearance of your phpBB 3, including styles and graphics. This is also where style and graphic authors can develop new styles and graphics (please read the guidelines first) and discuss development in general.
Tutorials: Changing Your Logo | Fixing Missing Images in Your Style

help with frozen frogs

Postby elmotorizado » April 16th 2011, 4:06 pm

Hi, I have a forum for over 2 years with a lot of information and pictures of
automobile racing in Venezuela, it happens that the site I have my forum in is in violation of terms of service of imageshack.
My intentions are to get a site so we dont have that kind of problems, the question is how can I move all the info to the new site, if they dont give me the backup data, I have all the pictures and text saved, what I dont know is if it can be used.
Thanks for any help.
elmotorizado
elmotorizado
New User

Postby Patrick » April 17th 2011, 6:21 pm

Hello and welcome, elmotorizado.

I know this is a simple question, so apologies in advance, but have you asked your current host to provide you with a backup? Who are they?

Thanks,

Patrick
Patrick
Founder

Postby elmotorizado » April 17th 2011, 6:43 pm

Patrick wrote:Hello and welcome, elmotorizado.

I know this is a simple question, so apologies in advance, but have you asked your current host to provide you with a backup? Who are they?

Thanks,

Patrick

Thanks for answering Patrick, yes I have and looks like I will get nowhere,
you can take a look at my forum at.
www.pasionalavelocidad.com

elmotorizado
elmotorizado
New User

Postby Patrick » April 18th 2011, 3:53 pm

Hello elmotorizado,

My pleasure. Unfortunately, if they say no, there isn't really much you can do. You could offer to pay for a backup and see if they respond.

You may just want to get started on a new site with a database you can control, before the site gets much larger. I know that is a pain. :(

Thanks,

Patrick
Patrick
Founder

Postby elmotorizado » April 20th 2011, 10:34 am

Patrick wrote:Hello elmotorizado,

My pleasure. Unfortunately, if they say no, there isn't really much you can do. You could offer to pay for a backup and see if they respond.

You may just want to get started on a new site with a database you can control, before the site gets much larger. I know that is a pain. :(

Thanks,

Patrick

Thanks again Patrick, following your advice I insisted and finally I got the database.
Now, what do I do with it to start a new forum in a new site, my plan is to buy a space to avoid the same situation.
I dont know anything about programming and would like a step by step recomendation of what to do next.
Thanks in advance.
branko
elmotorizado
New User

Postby Patrick » April 22nd 2011, 11:25 am

Hey elmotorizado,

That's good news! Glad that you were able to get the database.

What you will want to do is sign up with a web hosting service (one option ishttp://www.phpbbhacks.com/hosting ) and use your domain name.

Then you can install phpBB 3 on it. The database itself should work with the default phpBB setup, but if there were any features that were added by that previous host, they will not be present. Depending on what they are, you may be able to add them yourself.

phpBB comes with an installation guide that may help you, but if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Patrick
Patrick
Founder

Postby elmotorizado » May 1st 2011, 10:23 am

Hi Patrick, I am back again, same frogs different message (I registered my domain and am waiting on aproval)
http://www.pasionalavelocidad.com/phpBB3/index.php
We installed phpBB3 as you can see (not much knowldge on this side) and have a few questions, wondering if i can continue in the same thread or have to open another, if so where.
Thanks
elmotorizado
elmotorizado
New User

Postby Patrick » May 3rd 2011, 1:42 pm

Hello elmotorizado,

Glad to see that you have made progress. :) You're welcome to continue to ask questions here in this thread.

Thanks,

Patrick
Patrick
Founder

Return to phpBB 3 Style and Design Support and Development