Talk martial arts at KarateForums.com

Bookmark and Share

Can you help me make my forum look like the rest of my webs?

Receive help with the installation and customization of the appearance of your phpBB 3, including styles and graphics. This is also where style and graphic authors can develop new styles and graphics (please read the guidelines first) and discuss development in general.
Tutorials: Changing Your Logo | Fixing Missing Images in Your Style

Can you help me make my forum look like the rest of my webs?

Postby francismhwhite » June 30th 2011, 5:21 pm

I am new to web design I have taught myself everything I have done so far by searching it online. When it comes to making my forum match my web site most information is about older versions of phpbb. I am running 3.0.8 I want to change the subsilver2 templet to match my colors, replace the header with my own which is made up of a <h1> containing a <div> for horizontal menu bar all styled from an external css file all with a fixed width.
francismhwhite
New User

Postby Patrick » June 30th 2011, 8:49 pm

Hello and welcome, francismhwhite. :)

You will need to edit the phpBB template and CSS files. These are contained within the subsilver2 folder. Template files are in the template folder while CSS files are in the theme folder. If you are experienced with HTML and CSS, you should be able to navigate them and make the adjustments that you need.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Patrick
Patrick
Founder

Postby three.moore » March 12th 2012, 8:35 am

Thanks, Patrick. I'm also new to PHPBB and I was looking to integrate a self designed logo and some icons to a forum. Is there any chance you could direct me to a tutorial or post about this?
three.moore
New User

Postby Patrick » March 17th 2012, 6:24 pm

Hello and welcome, three.moore. :)

Here is a tutorial to check out: http://www.phpbbhacks.com/forums/changi ... 75664.html

I hope that helps.

Patrick
Patrick
Founder

Return to phpBB 3 Style and Design Support and Development