Get Photoshop help and share your work at PhotoshopForums.com

Bookmark and Share

Announcing "Monetizing Online Forums"

Announcements from phpBBHacks.com, including important phpBB related news. If there is a new thread here, please take a moment to read it.
Image phpBBHacks.com Announcements Mailing List

Announcing "Monetizing Online Forums"

Postby Thoul » July 2nd 2012, 11:29 am

Hello,

Today, phpBBHacks.com is pleased to present a new free ebook written by our founder, Patrick O'Keefe. "Monetizing Online Forums" is a guide to generating revenue from forums in an ethical way that respects a community. While not every forum should or needs to generate revenue, for many it is necessary for a variety of reasons. For those forums, it is important to bring in funds while not placing a negative impact on the member experience. Going overboard with monetization can drive members away. The purpose of this book is to help administrators find that delicate balance.

This is not your typical free ebook - Patrick, his contributors, and the publisher, Skimlinks, approached this work as the creation of a high quality book. It was treated as if it was a book for a major publisher and Patrick wants the readers to treat it in the same way. He respects the time you will spend reading it, and that impresses me. For all these reasons, I am proud that this book is presented in conjunction with phpBBHacks.com.

"Monetizing Online Forums" can be downloaded for free from the new page for the book right here at phpBBHacks.com:
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/features/mone ... forums.php

Congratulations to Patrick and everyone involved in the creation and release of this book!

Thank you for visiting phpBBHacks.com.
Thoul
Admin/Webmaster

Re: Announcing "Monetizing Online Forums"

Postby Patrick » July 2nd 2012, 1:15 pm

Thank you for sharing this with the community, Jeremy. I really appreciate your kind words and support. :) It means a lot.

Sincerely,

Patrick
Patrick
Founder

Postby Dogs and Things » July 2nd 2012, 5:36 pm

Thank you very much for all the work and giving it away for free.

Just downloaded my copy, will read it with lots of interest.
Dogs and Things
Well Known User

Postby Patrick » July 3rd 2012, 3:08 pm

Happy to hear it, Dogs and Things. :) I hope that it is helpful! I would love to hear your thoughts once you have read it.

Thanks again,

Patrick
Patrick
Founder

Return to Announcements